The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent customer service for all front desk, patient-oriented services by using effective, in-depth knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Manage multi-line phones with ability to manage multiple priorities with little or no direction.
- Answer inbound calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
- Make outbound calls to confirm appointments and reschedule, when applicable.
- Manage voice mail and phone forwarding after hours.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into EMR or provided database (address, telephone number, insurance, etc.).
- Schedule appointments for patients (review appointment date, time, provider, and location for accuracy).
- Answer questions about service details, the company, and issues regarding the patient’s account.
- Act as a liaison for the patients for all WSPS locations.
- Interpret patient accounts and explain billing information.
- Manage fax server and process all incoming and outgoing faxes accurately.
- Scan of all medical records and documentation into EMR.
- Check in to include collecting and posting payments, patient intake, and updating patient demographics.
- Check out to include scheduling procedures and follow-ups, generating receipts, patient statements, and ledgers.
- Monitor patient wait times and customer satisfaction.
- Handle all medical record requests to include social security, disability, and attorney requests.
- Verify insurance benefits as needed utilizing online tools and phone.
- Obtain authorizations for procedures from all insurance plans and/or worker’s compensation plans as needed.
- Maintain waiting room cleanliness and appearance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Highly organized with a solid attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Technical capacity with excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Google Drive
- Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously or as a team member
- Display flexibility in scheduling and duty assignments
- Strong time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional, clerical-administrative office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones/headsets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may require sitting for long periods of time during shift.
Travel may be required based on patient load.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 1 – 2 years successful experience in a front desk receptionist position in a medical office or equivalent setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 – 2 years of EMR experience
- Associate’s degree and/or Certification in Medical Office Administration
- Ability to exercise judgment and make sound decisions under pressure
- Able to diplomatically and professionally interact with customers and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excel in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex situations
- Effective listening skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.