Exceptional & Compassionate Pain Physicians
Our Pain Physicians have backgrounds in Anesthesiology and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. This gives patients the tremendous benefit of a multidisciplinary, well-rounded expertise. Additionally, our physicians:
- Are trained at residency and fellowship programs that are certified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). This organization is nationally recognized as the highest standard of clinical study and training in each specialty.
- Are Board Certified in Pain Management. Board certification demonstrates a physician’s exceptional expertise in a particular specialty and/or subspecialty of medical practice.
- Dr. Mandhare is a double board certified pain specialist and is the founder and medical director of Wake Spine & Pain Specialists. He was born and raised in Louisiana, where he completed his medical school and internship at LSU Medical Center.
- Dr. Mandhare completed his Anesthesiology residency at the University of Washington, ranked among the leading academic departments in the country, where pain management originated as a specialty.
- Dr. Mandhare further pursued an ACGME-accredited Fellowship in Pain Management at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan. This fellowship is recognized as the highest standard in the country for the field of pain management.
- Dr. Timothy Reis is a board-certified, fellowship-trained pain physician.
- He comes to Wake Spine and Pain Specialists eager to continue developing patient-centric treatment plans, including the most advanced interventional pain procedures.
- Dr. Gwinn performs EMG’s, BOTOX injections, Euflexxa injections, independent medical exams, peripheral joint injections, trigger point injections, and EMG-guided piriformis injections and second opinions.
- Dr. Reznik performs fluoroscopically-guided epidural steroid injections, facet and sacroiliac joint injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulator trials and discograms.
Brian Hertzberg, M.D.
- Dr. Hertzberg is a board-certified anesthesiologist who completed an ACGME accredited Pain Medicine Fellowship.