Wake Spine & Pain is pleased to announce TeleVisits to our patients.
Please note that a telehealth visit is only for your normally scheduled office visits and is not for medical emergencies. You need to call 911 or go the nearest emergency room if you are experiencing any emergency medical symptoms.
Telemedicine is a convenient and effective way to see your provider from the comfort of your home. Below are the steps to follow to get started.
How do I participate in a TeleVisit?
1) The first step is to call and schedule a visit with your provider.
2) You will need an active Patient Portal account, with username and password. Our staff can assist you with this if you do not have one.
3) To begin your TeleVisit, follow these easy steps:
Access your TeleVisit in one of the two ways – healow app (App Store / Google Play) or patient portal. “Arrive early” by logging in to your account. If you can’t access the Portal, you can also begin your appointment through the reminder link sent to your email.
Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard (or email reminder).
Fill out any patient questionnaire, and provide requested information.
Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one.
Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit, and disconnect when the visit ends.
If you answer yes to any of these 3 questions, please call our office immediately at (919) 787-7246 to discuss options for converting your upcoming appointment to a telehealth visit with our scheduling team.
1. Do you have fever, cough, shortness of breath or any respiratory difficulty?
2. In the last 14 days have you had traveled to another country or to places in the United States where there are cases of COVID-19?
3. Have you had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (Close contact defined by CDC as COVID-19 exposure within 6 ft for more than 10 minutes)