Clinical Supervisor in Greenvillewakespine2022-11-03T17:38:18+00:00
Wake Spine and Pain Specialists is seeking a Clinical Supervisor at our new Greenville location with at least two years of successful, progressive supervisory experience within a specialty medical practice setting or equivalent environment, managing a minimum of ten employees comprised of providers, front desk, administrative, and clinical staff.
Experience in a clinical role required.
EMR experience is required (eClinicalWorks preferred).
The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and administration of daily operations for assigned clinic(s) to include coordinating, planning, and facilitating activities necessary for the efficient operations of the practice and on-site administrative and clinical staff. The Clinical Supervisor will coordinate daily and maintain open communication with providers to ensure this efficiency.
- Core values of excellence, integrity and respect.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for employee questions.
- Prepare and conduct 5-minute morning/afternoon meetings or huddles with all staff to prepare for the day.
- First point of contact for handling escalations (i.e., provider and patient complaints) and employee performance issues that impact operations.
- Ensure staff follow all policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Run designated reports to improve efficiency in the workflow, team performance, and customer satisfaction. Share report results with the Clinic Manager.
- Provide communication and coordinate training with the Clinic Manager to ensure staff are fully informed of quality care, performance improvement, new process changes, procedures, customer needs, and company related issues. To include annual HIPAA/OSHA training and any re-training needed.
- Responsible for maintaining even schedules for providers at assigned location(s), including monitoring of patient arrival times, check in/out times, length of time in the procedure room, as well as handling situations such as late patients.
- Review and approval of time-off requests and call-ins to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Monitor individual and team performance; identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends. Keep management abreast of performance trends or concerns that impact operations.
- Be willing and trained to perform all tasks within the team when necessary.
- Maintain weekly/monthly clinical checklists and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Assist the Clinic Manager in completing Weekly Assignments for front desk staff.
- Monitor Fax Inbox and Fax Outbox to make sure all faxes are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all laboratory tests are performed as needed for all patients, and make sure all procedure relief logs are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the dispensing of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and CBD oil and complete location inventory reconciliation.
- Maintain office/medical supply ordering and/or inventory control, ensure an appropriate work environment and cleanliness of location(s). Ensure upcoming special procedures are appropriately supplied.
- Point of contact for Radiation Compliance for the assigned location(s).
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of cash, check and credit card payments, as well as transporting all deposits to the bank.
- Create and follow up on all EMR support tickets as needed for the assigned location(s).
- Any other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager.
Front Desk Receptionistwakespine2021-04-16T18:13:15+00:00
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent customer service for all front desk, patient-oriented services by using effective, in-depth knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Manage multi-line phones with ability to manage multiple priorities with little or no direction.
- Answer inbound calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
- Make outbound calls to confirm appointments and reschedule, when applicable.
- Manage voice mail and phone forwarding after hours.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into EMR or provided database (address, telephone number, insurance, etc.).
- Schedule appointments for patients (review appointment date, time, provider, and location for accuracy).
- Answer questions about service details, the company, and issues regarding the patient’s account.
- Act as a liaison for the patients for all WSPS locations.
- Interpret patient accounts and explain billing information.
- Manage fax server and process all incoming and outgoing faxes accurately.
- Scan of all medical records and documentation into EMR.
- Check in to include collecting and posting payments, patient intake, and updating patient demographics.
- Check out to include scheduling procedures and follow-ups, generating receipts, patient statements, and ledgers.
- Monitor patient wait times and customer satisfaction.
- Handle all medical record requests to include social security, disability, and attorney requests.
- Verify insurance benefits as needed utilizing online tools and phone.
- Obtain authorizations for procedures from all insurance plans and/or worker’s compensation plans as needed.
- Maintain waiting room cleanliness and appearance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Highly organized with a solid attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Technical capacity with excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Google Drive
- Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously or as a team member
- Display flexibility in scheduling and duty assignments
- Strong time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional, clerical-administrative office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones/headsets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may require sitting for long periods of time during shift.
Travel may be required based on patient load.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 1 – 2 years successful experience in a front desk receptionist position in a medical office or equivalent setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 – 2 years of EMR experience
- Associate’s degree and/or Certification in Medical Office Administration
- Ability to exercise judgment and make sound decisions under pressure
- Able to diplomatically and professionally interact with customers and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excel in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex situations
- Effective listening skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experienced Medical Billing Specialistwakespine2022-11-03T17:26:01+00:00
Wake Spine and Pain Specialists is seeking a full-time Billing Specialist. CPC certification a plus. Must have at least 2 years experience in a medical practice. Experience with eClinicalWorks strongly preferred. Experience in pain management or orthopedics preferred.
Candidate must be able to interact with patients with professionalism and confidence. Must be able to work independently and show leadership in decision making. Applicant must be resourceful in obtaining information regarding billing/coding changes.
Job Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
– Creating Claims
– Reviewing Medical Records for accuracy
– Claim Submissions
– Coding Medical Records
– ERA posting and review
– Posting manual payments
– Insurance Verifications
– Authorizations for Worker’s Compensation and Commerical Payers
– Working Denials
– Filing Appeals
– Working AR Reports
– Manage Patient Accounts
- Must be willing to be cross-trained in other positions in the office and cover for absent employees.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, and paid vacation after 90 day probationary period
Wake Spine and Pain Specialists is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant with experience in orthopedics or pain management preferred. Must be outgoing, friendly, highly professional, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
EMR experience a must – please list which EMRs you have used and are familiar with.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Patient Intake – taking height, weight, vitals, medical history
– Procedure Room Assisting – managing fluoroscopy machine, documenting procedure notes, prepping room for physician
– Diagnostic Imaging – authorizing, scheduling, obtaining results via websites
– Telephone Triage
– Out-going referrals
– Medical Supply Ordering and Inventory Control
– EMR data entry
– Patient Education
– Urine Drug Screening
– Oral swab screening
– Pulling NC Controlled Substance Databases
– Documentation of Lab Results
– Fitting DME such as back braces and TENS units
– Patient Education of DME
– Diagnostic Imaging – authorizing, scheduling, obtaining results via websites
Occasional responsibilities include:
– Front Desk – check-in, check-out, collecting & posting payments, handling new patient referrals